Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trend Watch- Spring 2010

So here we are, another season approaching us, and most of us women are wondering what the newest "trends" will be for Spring 2010! Well I am here with the answers, AND how to take looks they put on stick thin models and translate it to everyday looks AND to put it on YOUR real body! So here we go...(drum roll please!)


1. Trend # 1 NEUTRAL colors: Designers from Donna Karan to Marc Jacobs were showing off elegant evening gowns in neutral (mostly NUDE) colors. The dress in the first picture is $275 (OUCH!!)



This dress is $24.99 at Old Navy and still, so super cute! Don't be afraid to check your local Wal*Mart and Target either, I have found some amazing pieces at those stores.

For those of us with "a little more to love" Forever 21 has an "extended sizes" line called Faith 21...I found this fabulous dress online for a mere $19.80 GORGEOUS!!


This trend is showing up on bags, shoes, belts, dresses, shirts, pants and skirts!



2. Next trend- Cut outs/sheer fabrics. For those of us that don't dare to do the extreme cut outs, you can always find cute ways to wear sheer fabrics.






This dress
is $32.80 at Forever 21 (or forever21.com)







I found this top at Torrid.com (a plus size store, their prices are more on the high end for me BUT you can always find great stuff in their clearance section!!) This top is $32.80 @ torrid or torrid.com it's a great way to sport the peek-a-boo/cut out trend! Look for this trend in tops, shoes, skirts and dresses.










3. Metallics!!!















These fabulous shoes I found on forever21.com for $23.8o, I also found several pairs of metallic shoes on payless.com :) Again, this trend is available for everything! Shoes, bags, belts, tops, dresses and pants! You can wear a full on metallic sheen top or a basic top with metallic accents.





4. FEATHERS- This top I found AGAIN online at forever21.com for $19.80 (are you as in love with forever 21's prices as I am?!)





This adorable headband is only $6.80 at forever 21 (and forever21.com). This trend is mostly accented on tops and dresses and is also showing up on earrings, necklaces and hair accessories.



So there are my favorite trends of Spring 2010! I'm so glad that the 80's seem to be exiting the scene!

Thanks for reading and remember, you don't have to spend a lot to look great!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Rebecca and I'm a Forever21 addict. Seriously. Total. Addict! Great forecasting. All very doable, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) AHH I love forever 21, so up on what's in right now, and TOTALLY affordable,best discovery I ever made!!

    ReplyDelete