Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Easy Natural Make Up (with a video)

This make up routine is what I do almost every day (unless I really want to go crazy and wear more make up). It's fast, easy and really looks great! First, I will lay out the essentials for you to have to get this look.

1. Foundation- I use one of two sets of products for my face, it just depends on the state of my face that day. If I'm having major oil overload I will use Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Foundation in Ivory ($3.50-$5.00 depending on where you shop) and the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent ($3.50 to $5.00 again, depending on where you shop). It helps suck up some of the excess moisture and keeps my face matte (no extra shine).



If it's a normal skin day I use Maybelline New York Mineral Power Liquid Foundtaion in ($9.00-$10.00 at walmart, pricey yes but worth it) and Maybelline New York Mineral Power Powder in Translucent ($9.00-$10.00).







2. Eyebrow pencil- I feel it is important for every woman to fill in her brows, the brows really frame your eyes and help (As Anna Faris said in "The Housebunny" "The eyes are the nipples of the face". I use NYC brand ($.99-$1.50!) in Taupe #927 . I brush my brows with a brow brush (you can find this at ANY drug store) in an upward motion (I will illustrate this on the video) and then lightly fill in my brows, brushing them again after the application of the color.









3. Eyeliner (optional)- Eyeliner ( in the right color) can really make your eyes pop! If you have blue eyes brown liner is best, if you have green use purple, hazel use green or purple and for brown eyes use blue! Black is universally flattering IF IT IS USED CORRECTLY! Don't go too heavy on it ladies! I have 2 liners that are my favorite to use; if I use black I love Morbid Makeup eyeliner in black (I pick this up at Hot Topic for $1.99) or NYC eyeliner in "Through The Storm" (It's a dual sided liner, one side is black and one side is a really pretty purple $1.99). If you have watery eyes, or severe allergies I recommend you do one of two things- either use a water proof eyeliner or NEVER put liner on your water line or bottom lid.



4. Eyeshadow- This eyeshadow is my absolute favorite and I have used it for YEARS!



It's Bonne Bell eyeshadow quad in "Cafe Classics"






For this particular look I use either the top color (the white) or the bottom (the lightest brown). This quad is all browns with silver sheen, and it looks great on my light skin, if you have more natural deep tones I think more gold sheen would look best on you!






5. Mascara- I, like many of you, have searched and searched for a GREAT mascara. I think I have finally stumbled upon it. Hard Candy "Ginormous Lash Volumizing Mascara" I get MAJOR lashes with out curling, and it doesn't flake! (www.hardcandy.com I picked mine up at the local Leesville wal*mart! [the site will take you to walmarts site and you can order it from there also] $6.00)








6. Lip gloss- There are a few glosses I use regularly, 2 are by Lip Smackers one in Vanilla Cupcake (a sheer silver tinted gloss) and Java Jolt (a nude/tan colored gloss with a gold tint) and my newest favorite is by Rimmel it is Vinyl Lipgloss in "Punk Princess" and yellowish tint with gold tones. Any of these work great for the natural look. (I couldn't find images for the lip glosses AND sadly the RIMMEL color I use has been discontinued [OF COURSE])


VIDEO TIME!!:









Finished product:



1 comment:

  1. I loved your videos and your tip about where to apply white shimmer. I now do it that way. You're gorgeous! :]

    ReplyDelete